Sunday, December 30, 2007

A New Beginning

Back in September I started this blog in an attempt to give myself an outlet to describe my feelings about my favorite sports franchise, the New York Mets. As it turned out all I wound up doing was becoming a slave to my own preconceptions about what a blog should be and wound up giving up on it due to lack of time and frustration. Well, after much contemplation I have returned to give it another shot. And in keeping with my renewed sense of blogsmanship (I don't know if that is a word, but it should be) I am setting the following rules for myself.

Rule #1: This blog will be published at my will. I can not and will not promise to publish posts with any sort of frequency.

Rule #2: I will have fun with this blog.

Rule #3: I will not try to model this blog after other popular sports blogs that I read, though I certainly hope to be as successful as they are.

Rule # 4: If this blog does not become commercially successful in any way I will not consider it a failure but rather an example of the fact that others simply can not grasp the genius of my insight in to the Mets organization.

Rule #5: I will not take rule number four seriously in any way.

Rule #6: If I am lucky enough to gain a readership of any kind I will keep the comments open to all those who wish make them and I will try to respect all opinions that may be expressed.

Rule #7: I will try not to make any more rules since ruled kind of suck.

So that's it I guess, on to talking baseball. I will be back soon with my first Mets related post. Till then, Lets go Mets.

No comments: